Saturday, October 1, 2011

A 1959 Podres and A Piazza In Monetary Fashion

A couple of really cheap pickups today. First up, how could I resist a dirt-cheap '50s card of a Dodger World Series hero? I couldn't, that's how.


This well-loved vintage piece of cardboard goodness cost a whopping two bucks with free shipping. Rounded and frayed corners, scratches, and the always excellent 1959 design make for a troika of great attributes, if I do say so myself. Also, it's Johnny Podres. Good stuff all-around.


Next up, for 99 cents - once again with free shipping - comes this Mike Piazza 1997 Pinnacle Coin.


There's also a gold-plated version which is much rarer and far more valuable, as in it books for fifty bucks. Nevertheless, this bronze version makes for a fun addition to my Piazza collection, and in the end, that's all that I really care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment