Monday, March 23, 2015

Trade With Sportscards From The Dollar Store: Matt Kemp and a Flock of Ducks.

I completed my fourth trade with Doug of Sportscards From The Dollar Store fame. You can review our first deal here, second trade here, and third transaction here. Doug, like me, loves him some hockey, and he's a mensch in always keeping an eye out for Anaheim Ducks' related cardboard to send my way. Our fourth deal, like our previous three, was no different in meeting that required hockey standard.


Before I get to the loads of hockey, Doug sent a fantastic Matt Kemp in the bubbler. It features four relics, three of which are distinct. Numbered 08/99, a bat slice and a blue patch piece from the Dodgers or Los Angeles across the front of a Bison uniform are joined by a pair of home jersey pieces. My newest Kemp goes well with the similar Museum Kemp I already owned.


Bobby! I know he's not pictured as a Senator but I'd imagine there was a small part of Doug that considered keeping this, what with Bobby being in Ottawa and all. I still collect Bobby as a Duck, so this a much appreciated addition to the collection. The inscribed number 9 is an added bonus.


Dougie has basically become my Emerson Etem pusher as he's responsible for a large portion of my Etem PC. The latest Emerson he bestowed upon me is this sweet Phenoms on-manufactured fabric John Hancock out of 2013-2014 Panini National Treasures. Etem is great about including his number when he signs.


My first Rickard Rakell auto! Rakell has really improved his game as this season has progressed and in doing so has solidified his role as the team's third center.


A gorgeous Scott Niedermayer patch! I recall Doug pulling this and not knowing what part of the sweater it came from. He asked me at the time and I was unsure; I still am, but hot damn if it isn't awesome all the same. Mysteries are fun, you know. Especially if Mike Tyson is trying to solve them.


And finally, a Mat Clark auto with four swatches (#'d /249) thrown in for good measure. Clark is no longer in the Anaheim organization.

Doug sent along a ton of other great cards which I just don't have the time to scan in, but I appreciate them all, of course. He also knocked off 17 of my 2014 Allen & Ginter needs, of which I still have far, far too many.

Thanks as always Doug! I'm working on accumulating a bunch of stuff to send your way in the hopefully not too distant future!

2 comments:

  1. 6 absolutely phenomenal pick-ups. Congrats on what was clearly a sick trade!

    ReplyDelete