Wednesday, April 27, 2016

(Zack) Wheat Wednesday: 1922 E121 American Caramel Series of 120, PSA 2.5!

I recently got a handful of cards back from PSA. They were not high-grade specimens I was looking to slab for re-sale value but rather pieces of my collection I wanted encased for better protection. They all graded out to what I expected and with my history of clumsiness I feel much better having them entombed in plastic. The first card I'll share is this awesome E121 American Caramel of Brooklyn Hall of Famer Zack Wheat.


There are a couple variations, I guess, based on some research. At the least there are different versions based on series of subjects. Something like that. This is the "Series of 120" and it's a simple shot of the Nationals' outfielder. The card came back a PSA 2.5 due to paper loss but it is without creases which is a nice bonus.


I got a very good deal on the card in raw form -- I believe around $25 or so when I bought it off eBay months ago -- so I'm really happy it didn't break the bank and has such stellar eye appeal. Eye-appealing low-grade vintage is right up my alley and I couldn't be more pleased with the newest addition to my Wheat Collection.

1 comment:

  1. What's the word for that card? Oh yeah - f*cking gorgeous!

    Yeah, it's two words.

    ReplyDelete