Monday, June 27, 2016

An Eclectic COMC Order

Here are three more cards from my first ever COMC purchase. The first portion of that purchase can be found here. These three pieces of cardboard are of the higher-end variety although they're not really all that high-end.


I love Heritage autos as you can't beat the combination of a vintage look with an on-card signature. When I stumbled upon this I knew I wanted it. I believe I made an offer on the card rather than buying it outright. Either way, $6.50 worth of COMC credit earned from challenges netted me my latest Bison PC pickup.


Another in the category of "I just can't resist" is the above Ruby Auto -- numbered 09/50 -- out of 2010-11 Dominion of my main man Ryan Getzlaf. I adore the inaugural release of Dominion and anything Getzlaf from the product is always a target. This is my 10th Ruby Parallel Auto of The Captain (20% of the print-run just sounds better).


And now for something entirely different: a beautiful VG 1956 Topps Gray Back Johnny Podres. I don't even recall why I was looking at this card the night I nabbed it for three bucks, but I do like Brooklyn cardboard and Podres is a guy every Dodgers' fan needs in his or her collection. It's one of my three favorite Johnny cards I own, along with his 1957 Topps and 1952 Parkhurst Frostade offerings.

4 comments: