Tuesday, April 17, 2018

1972 Icee Bear Project -- # 10: Bob Love, Slabbed A PSA 8

I technically reached the halfway mark on this Icee Bear project with the last card posted as I have one card I've yet to scan in and post. But Bob Love is the tenth card to be showcased, so he goes down as the 50% completion man.


All 20 of these bad boys are going to look gorgeous together. The ten 1972 Icee Bear PSA 8s I've got up so far don't look too shabby themselves.

Love was part of the recent Unseld purchase. Bob Love has his number retired by the Chicago Bulls, made three All-Star teams, and became a motivational speaker post-playing career. He also overcame a speech impediment, and as someone who also dealt with one as a kid, I have extra admiration for him.

4 comments:

  1. At the rate you're going, you'll probably have this set finished by year's end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I hope! My wallet is going to hate me though.

      Delete
  2. These look awesome when they're put together. I love how you're shooting for one grade and sticking to it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji! It's been a very rewarding venture thus far.

      Delete