Monday, August 31, 2009

The Argyled One Strikes Again

Oy vey.



Where to start....
"'I owe this team something every night, and it ain't right that I can't do that, and I've got to figure out a way to fix it,' he [Juan Pierre] said, and from that moment, I have openly cheered for Juan Pierre."
You cheered and rooted for him openly before that William.

"He failed to persuade anyone to trade for him. He failed to persuade the Dodgers to play him. He was stuck behind one Hall of Famer and two hellacious kids."
Why would anyone want to trade for a bench player making $10 million plus a year? He shouldn't play over Kemp, Ethier, and Manny. Smart move by the Dodgers. Oh, and weren't those the same kids you advocated the team trade at one time many times?

"'Don't get me wrong, I don't feel bad, I feel guilty,' he explained. 'I've been thinking about it. I'm making $10 million and doing nothing. It's like I'm just taking the Dodgers' money.'"
I wouldn't feel bad either, and I don't blame players for the contracts they sign or the money they make. But he could always give most of the money back. Who knows, maybe he'll feel less guilty. But I wouldn't give the money back. Or feel guilty.

".... I root for everything Juan Pierre does that is small."
All he does are small things. If he could do some bigger things, like hit for power, walk, throw, or play defense, he probably would be starting somewhere (just not on the Dodgers).

"Because, so far, it has made him huge."
To Bill Plaschke. But is that really saying much?

"The frustration is now being slapped out of the glove."
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

"Remember how Pierre hit .318 while starting all 50 games in left field during Manny Ramirez's suspension?"
Educated Dodgers fans and I remember him hitting .425/.495/.598/1.093 in Games 1-20, then going .244/.299/.283/.583 in Games 21-50 of the Manny suspension. See how fun numbers are Billy!

"Many players don't do that. As the Dodgers discovered a couple of years ago, some players forget to even hang around to shake the home-run hitter's hand."
I don't recall the specific incident he's talking about, but it can't be too hard to guess what he's implying. It's another way of saying "I hate rookies and young players". And really, are we still taking Jeff Kent's word and going to bash guys like Kemp, Ethier, Loney, and Martin for not adhering to the way of that asshole? Kent as a player is one thing, but let's be honest, he really was a complete and utter asshole.

"Maybe because Juan Pierre also finally recognized them, all those little things, not as statistics but as glue, less gifts than obligations, a $10-million man just trying to earn his keep."
Uh-huh, whatever you say Bill. Let's not try to disturb him, I'm guessing he doesn't get out much.

No comments:

Post a Comment