Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Greatest Mailday EVER: A Nick Offerman, a.k.a. Ron Swanson, Auto.

Late last year I saw a post over at It's like having my own Card Shop about the most amazing and manly TTM success ever. Though I had never sent out a through-the-mail request up until that point, I immediately knew that would soon change and I would be undertaking a vital and crucial mission. GET NICK OFFERMAN'S AUTOGRAPH AT ALL COSTS.


For those of you unfamiliar with the man's phenomenal work, he portrays the venerable Ron Swanson on one of the greatest pieces of art ever produced, Parks and Recreation. I'm a huge fan of Swanson and of Offerman's work and general being; you could even say he's a hero of sorts. Vegetarians and mustache haters, send your complaints my way.


I relayed to Mr. Offerman that I am a huge fan of his work on Parks and Rec, really enjoy his viral videos, and aspire to one day have half the stache he does. He personalized the 8x10 he sent my way accordingly with "Greg, Admire my girth." Totally bitchin'. I need to get this framed ASAP. He was also kind enough to include a second signed picture I requested for a friend of mine, which I hope she'll enjoy.


A tremendous thank you to Mr. Offerman for the fantastic picture, his generosity in sending it my way, and his great work. I highly recommend everybody send a request to Nick at: lee.offermanwoodshop@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Also:

    Any dog under fifty pounds is a cat, and cats are useless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His "girth" is out for all to "admire" in a Season 1 episode of HBO's Deadwood. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roy- fuckyesitis

    Also, I have two dogs under 50 pounds, so Ron and I are in disagreement on that point.

    N.O.- Indeed!

    dkwilson- Thanks! And thanks for the idea and inspiration!

    Eric- I'll take your word for it. Not at the top of my DVR list haha.

    ReplyDelete