Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chad Billingsley Appearance Canceled, Replacement Unknown (UPDATE)

The Dodgers will be having multiple player appearances this Saturday, June 5th, but the one with Chad Billingsley will no longer take place. As I wrote about a week ago, Bills was scheduled to appear in Culver City, but he's pitching that day, so his appearance has been canceled.

When I figured out he would start on June 5th, I remember thinking that it was weird he would be signing on a day he was pitching, but I held out hope that it would happen. Alas, I'll have to wait for another chance to meet one of my favorite Dodgers.

I called the store where the event is about an hour and a half ago, and was told the replacement Dodger is not yet known, but that there will be one as of now. The event will still take place at 11:30 A.M. in Culver City. All the information you need is below. As always, remember to call and confirm. Because if you don't, you may be disappointed.

I'll call around the next day or so and try to find out Chad's replacement. Updates as I get them.

UPDATE: Via Vin Scully Is My Homeboy, Bills's replacement is John Ely.

11:30 A.M.-1:30 P.M.

AT&T Store
3851 Overland Avenue
Culver City, CA, 90230
(310) 559-2019

The event is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment