Saturday, November 27, 2010

Trade With White Sox Cards: Jay Bruce, Kenley Jansen, Ginter, and Assorted Dodgers

I sent Steve of White Sox Cards a 2010 Gordon Beckham A&G base card, plus some assorted White Sox cards, and in return received a pair of Ginter base cards, some nice Dodgers cards, and a beautiful Jay Bruce card. My favorites from the trade, without a doubt, are these two beauties:

2009 Topps Chrome Refractor Jay Bruce, Blue Border

Numbered 196/199

2010 Topps Update Kenley Jansen RC

My camera does the Bruce absolutely no justice. It's a remarkably pretty card, and the blue border just pops every time I stare at it. It's one of the nicest non-relic/auto cards I have.

Much thanks Steve! I hope you liked what I sent, and I look forward to trades in the future.

9 comments:

  1. The refractor is sweet.

    I have a brand new Canon printer/scanner that I was just gonna put on ebay. Maybe you'd want it? We could work something out later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me like days to realize it was a refractor haha.

    We'll talk about the scanner later, thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pickups. Nice to see a card of Jansen pitching. I'm surprised he doesn't have any older cards when he was still a catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does have one, according to COMC:

    http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards,=kenley+jansen

    Granted, it's not a pose of him catching, but it lists him as a catcher. That would be a sweet card to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see that the package arrived safely. I apologize for the delay in mailing. Thanks for your package!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries Steve, it was well worth the wait anyways! I still can't get over how awesome the Bruce is, and the Jansen is just icing on the card cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greg - Ahh, didn't know that. I like your card better. I'm not a fan of the posed shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dustin- Yeah, the catcher card just seems too lazy. Plus, since he's a pitcher now, if he's not catching or batting on an earlier card, it doesn't appeal to me as much.

    Unless he continues to dominate. And then I want that simplistic World Baseball Classic card haha.

    ReplyDelete