Saturday, March 5, 2011

Trade With Sports Syzygy: Two Josh Shipp UCLA Autos Are Better Than One

I sent a Jon Lester jersey relic to Mike from Sports Syzygy. In exchange, he sent me a pair of Josh Shipp autos - plus a handful of other UCLA cards - including the base card of Shipp, happy to join its two signed friends in my collection.

17/25

183/249

The difference between the two cards, accounting for the difference in numbering, is subtle. It took me a few minutes to figure it out. Have at it - what's the difference between the /25 and /249? The difference is the same on the back, which is where I first spotted it. Though the /25 is a crappy picture I took, while the /249 is a scan I took from Mike, the difference is still there and noticeable.


Thanks Mike, enjoy the cards that will be dropped in the mail shortly! Hope to trade again.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you like the cards. The main problem with this set (and most likely the upcoming Upper Deck football set) is that a large number of the players in the set either only played in the NBA for a season or weren't even drafted. At least these cards have the college jerseys on them to appeal to college collectors such as yourself. Without that, a lot of these cards wouldn't have much of an appeal to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what's the difference? All I can see is the difference in the colors of the top corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True enough Mike. Hell, I only remember the name Josh Shipp, and nothing else about him haha. That UCLA jersey is the redeeming quality.

    And you are quite perceptive Justin, as that's the only difference I've found thus far.

    ReplyDelete