Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Golden Slice Of Russell Martin's Sterling Bat and Some Sweet Pimpin'

First, check out the Almost Easiest Super Bowl Contest Part Deux over at Collector's Crack! Some great prizes available for the taking! Now on to today's business. I picked up another needed parallel of a Russ Martin high-end-ish hit. For just $3.24 shipped (a 99 cent winning bid) I managed to snag this gold parallel refractor from 2008 Bowman Sterling.


I'm really pleased with how well the gold hue scanned. This newest Russell - #'d 17/50 - pairs well with the black refractor /25 and the base bat piece of Russ' I already own. I'm really close to the rainbow for this bat relic from Sterling, needing just the refractor /199 version. Unless there's a parallel I'm missing, which wouldn't shock me, considering how many parallels there are nowadays.


Martin hit # 54 is in the books.



1 comment: