Sunday, February 5, 2012

Trade With arpsmith: The Packers Should Be In The Super Bowl.

If their receivers had simply caught passes and not fumbled. I digress. I completed my first trade with Adam who - though he does not blog to my knowledge - is well-known around the card blogging world as arpsmith. I sent him a pair of Jeff Kent relics and after looking through his bait picked out a sweet hit that I'm thrilled to add to my collection.


RODGERS! It's my first hit of the Packers great, and the yellow swatch is just nails. I absolutely dig colorful jersey pieces, and this one is numbered 015/180. I did originally wonder if it was indeed a jersey piece or a piece of Packer pants, but the card says jersey, so I assume it came from one of Aaron's shoulders. It's got a bit of character on the left side, which is just gravy. Adam also sent along a handful of random Dodgers, and my favorite by far is the awesome Mike Piazza you see below, from 1996 Fleer Update.


Thanks for the great trade Adam! I look forward to more deals in the future!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you like the cards, thanks for the trade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet rodgers! hopefully the packers bounce back next year. they simply peaked at the wrong time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam- Thanks again!

    Fuji- I'd personally make them the favorites, not that being the favorite actually amounts to anything. Also, if receivers actually caught the ball....and they had a defense worth a damn.

    ReplyDelete