Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trade With earnedstripes: Another Getzlaf Dominion Pickup, Plus Other Cool Cards.

I completed my first trade with earnedstripes, whom I came across via the SCF hockey boards. He contacted me about a Ryan Getzlaf card he thought would interest me, and after some back and forth we were finally able to hammer out a deal that added the below card to my insane pursuit of everything Getzlaf from '10-'11 Dominion.


Numbered 25/25, it's my seventh Getzlaf Sapphire Patch out of 25. It makes for a swell addition to my Getz PC, as does the below serial-numbered parallel.


I love the action photo on this '11-'12 UD Series 1 UD Exclusives card, and when you factor in the numbering (076/100), I'm happy to add something a bit different to my collection of the Ducks' best player.


I picked up an additional three cards in the trade, beginning with the above Devante Smith-Pelly Canvas Young Guns RC. It's got the canvas look, which I assumed meant it would feel a bit different. And it does indeed, though the canvas design itself is stellar and would have been plenty awesome enough.


Penultimately, my first autograph of one of the Ducks' better young prospects, Peter Holland. A first-round pick back in 2009, Holland is a big-body that I hope to see on the roster this season, and contributing for many years to come. I remember the Ducks selecting him and Kyle Palmieri in the same first-round (I believe I was in Arizona or Chico at the time), and I like the solid upside of both forwards.


And finally, I picked up a regular Young Guns of Blues' d-man Alex Pietrangelo. Though I don't collect him, I thought it would make for some nice trade bait, or just a cool card of a very talented young player to keep.

Thanks for the swap Jakira, I appreciate it!

1 comment:

  1. Great pick ups. Love the Dominion card and the photo on the Exclusives card is very cool.

    ReplyDelete