Wednesday, September 12, 2012

An Autograph Borne Out Of Twitter.

The second I saw this card existed, I knew I wanted to add it to my collection. After seeing auctions end all over the map, I finally managed to track down a copy for a reasonable price (just over half a blaster). The set - Social Signatures - celebrates hockey players who are active on Twitter. Bobby Ryan certainly fits that mold.


The seller decided it would be fun and an intelligent idea to ship the card straight-up in a toploader. No penny sleeve, no tape closing the toploader, no team bag. He got a neutral and was docked heavily in the stars department, especially considering he charged $4 for shipping. Seriously. Penny sleeves cost a penny.


Anyways, I love everything about the card, and am thrilled to add it to my small but solid Bobby Ryan PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment