Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Truly Elegant Clayton Kershaw Minor League Patches.

I'm a sucker for a good deal, and when it's centered around the man they call Kid K, well, money will leave my being and cards will head my way. Like the amazing below patch of Clayton Kershaw from 2007 TriStar Elegance (I'm a sucker for minor league cards as well).


Sick! A two-color patch with some jersey thrown in for good measure, and a lot of stitching. Just how I like my patches. The patch comes from Clayton's time with the Gulf Coast League Dodgers in Rookie Ball from way back in 2006. It was roughly half a blaster, if memory serves. It is surprisingly not numbered.


Your eyes do not deceive you, as I recently acquired another of Clayton's patches from the same set. It was had for the bargain price of $9.99 with free shipping, and even arrived in a clean magnetic. Again, it's not numbered, which really does shock me. But it doesn't detract from the card, instead simply begging the question as to why some patches from the set are numbered (including some of Clayton's) and others are not. Perhaps the lettering needed to be gold for the patch to be numbered.


Anyhoo, these two patches are most welcome pickups and will fit nicely in my Kershaw Kollection, sliding in right next to the regular old piece of The Texas Two-Stepper's jersey from '07 Elegance that I have possessed for some time.

2 comments: