Saturday, February 2, 2013

More Contest Freebies To Say Gracias For: Trout, Piazza, Kate Upton....

Jeff from 2 by 3 Heroes gave away a bunch of cards to close out 2012, and did so in PWE fashion. Each participant and contest winner could select two cards. Jeff tried to bait me into one card, and as the below indicates, it easily worked.


Your real 2012 AL MVP, Mike Trout.


I also selected a Giants' card (yes yes, I know, traitorous). But hey, it's a solidly-booking rookie of one of the best catchers in baseball and 2012's NL MVP, Buster Posey. It was an easy selection as a free card.


Jeff later sent a PWE my way for no reason in particular. My favorite card of the bunch is this sweet A.J. Ellis Blue Parallel (I think?) out of 2012 Topps Update. Topps seems intent on never giving A.J. a card of his own which is both disappointing and humorous simply due to the fact that Ellis will inevitably Tweet about it and make me laugh.


Adam from Arpsmith's Sportscard Obsession holds a weekly contest, and I was lucky enough to win one week a while back. I selected this sweet Gary Sheffield jersey relic as my prize. I'd love to one day acquire a Sheff auto depicting him as a Dodger, if such a card exists. Adam also sent along some Want List cards in the form of 2 cards from my 2004 Fleer Platinum Needs List, a base need from '11 Ginter, and the ultimate base card need from '12 Ginter.


Hello there gorgeous.


I was one of many winners over at ALL TRIBE BASEBALL, and Jack was kind enough to send this Scott Olsen on-card auto as my prize. He also included a Carlos Santana Chrome RC and the last card I needed to complete the Dodgers' 1992 Upper Deck team set. Gracias Jack!


Finally, Wes from Jaybarkerfan's Junk sent over a few unexpected cards in a PWE surprise giveaway, including two of my all-time favorite Blue Crew members, Mike Piazza and Jonathan Broxton. There was also a cool 1978 Topps Terry Forster in the surprise envelope. Thanks as always Wes for your generosity!


Thanks for the contests and cards guys!

4 comments:

  1. I clicked on this post because Kate Upton was in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the cards.
    I'm about as far behind on comments as I am at sending out cards and trade posts !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I'm behind on sending out trades as well! happens to everyone at some point.

    ReplyDelete