Monday, September 16, 2013

Less Than A Blaster -- 2008 Upper Deck Timeline Gold (?) Auto /10: Russ Martin

Russell Martin's been a huge addition for the Pirates this season and is in the midst of one of his greatest seasons ever. Whether the Dodgers see another season from a backstop like Russ' 2007 or 2008 remains to be seen. Even though Martin no longer wears Blue, I still root for him and grab his cards when I can.


My latest acquisition is numbered 08/10 and ran me a bit over half a blaster. I love that the meat of the sticker blends almost flawlessly with the card. It's the 37th auto in my PC of one of the greatest catchers in franchise history. It's the gold parallel, I think, if internet research which was vague is to be believed.

13 comments:

  1. That's most definitely a great looking set, and congrats on the low-numbered pickup. You might even go so far as to describe that auto as GIRTHY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 37 Autographs? I thought my dozen or so Gary Carters was obsessively over the top...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and awesome price! Being Canadian I have huge respect for a Canuck in the Majors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gents!

    jacob- You should see my Ryan Getzlaf PC then, somewhere around 60 autos haha:

    http://plaschkethysweaterisargyle.blogspot.com/p/ryan-getzlaf-pc.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete