Thursday, January 23, 2014

When A Patch Piece Is Anything But.

I recently added another piece to my Ryan Getzlaf SuperCollection. From 2011-2012 Panini Limited comes this sweet Limited Trios Triple Patch featuring Getzy flanked by Corey Perry and former Duck Bobby Ryan.


It's serial-numbered 25/25 and features two sweet patch pieces and one "patch" piece. I'm going to assume the Bobby Ryan sweater swatch is actually the inside of one of the numbers on his sweater because otherwise I was shorted a legitimate patch piece. I would have preferred Perry be the missing portion if one had to be missing, but it's a card I'm very happy to have regardless.

4 comments:

  1. From here it looks like the swatch has fallen out of the card and left the cardboard backing showing. I would imagine that in-hand it is more evident that there is a piece of fabric in there. It would be nicer if they could have shown some kind of seam or transition between colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Chris. It looks like it's missing entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days, when I combine a late night with just the right amount of alcohol intake, I'm going to launch into an epic rant about my hatred for the single color patches. Worse than sticker autos. Worse than redemptions. If you're giving me a one-colored piece of fabric, just give me a plain jersey swatch and save yourself the tease.

    That being said, the rest of the card is fantastic, especially that Perry swatch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to double-check but it is an actual sweater piece. Feels like the inside of a number/letter.

    Would have still preferred something more substantial though.

    Matt- DO IT. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete