Friday, June 26, 2015

Upgrading My 1952 Bowman Al Rosen

Anyone who has followed this blog for any length of time knows that I LOVE my vintage cardboard to be well-loved and appreciated by its past owners. Creases, corner and edge wear, writing, and the like mean little to me as long as certain aspects of the card are intact and present. That being said, if the chance to upgrade one of my vintage cards presents itself -- or I can simply add another copy of the card -- I'll jump quickly at that opportunity.


Such was the case when I realized the shop I work at had a copy of Al Rosen's 1952 Bowman offering that bested the copy I've housed in my Rosen PC for many moons. It still falls into the category of well-loved, with multiple creases, edge and corner wear, and left to right centering issues. The eye appeal, however, is much improved. For just a few bucks, it was an easy upgrade to make.


Here's the back of Flip's '52, or the "Flip-Side" as The Underdog likes to say.


Oh, and the original copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment