Saturday, June 3, 2017

Julio Urias: 2016 Topps Chrome Rookie Autos Purple REF /250, BGS 10-10 AU!

I was looking to add a specific Julio Urias auto to my modest collection of the young left-hander. I would have been happy with any version of the card, graded or ungraded. Prices have been relatively reasonable for Julio over the last six months, though they ticked up at the time of his recall this season. I struck when that uptick occurred, although not by design. I had the most eBay Bucks available to me I have ever had and I could not lock down anything to spend them on.


That all changed when the above popped up at the end of the month in which I had the extra funds. I'm a huge fan of 2016 Topps Chrome and the autographs are just gorgeous. They are on-card and fit in extremely well with an overall fantastic design for the product. I was thankfully victorious and after applying my free dough from eBay the purchase was much closer to a number I was comfortable with. The card is the Purple REF parallel and numbered 115/250. It serves as the first BGS 10 in my collection and the first 10 of any company I've purchased.

While Julio struggled upon his 2017 recall I still think he's going to be a wonderful pitcher long-term and I hope to land a couple more John Hancocks of his while prices are at a nearly all-time low for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment