Wednesday, June 20, 2018

1972 Icee Bear Project -- # 15: Walt Frazier SP, Slabbed A PSA 8

Here's the fourth new card from that semi-long ago purchase of 1972 Icee Bear PSA slabbed cards that eBay bestowed upon me. This one also came at the low, low price of just $7.50 when I broke it down to the five cards I actually paid for out of the large lot. It's one of the remaining stars I need and I don't recall ever seeing a PSA 8 of this HOFer prior to the purchase.


Frazier makes for 15 of the 20 cards and is the final of the four SPs in the set that I needed. 75% complete feels really satisfying considering I have not been working on this project for all that long.

Frazier actually ended his career with the Cavs which I was unaware of. He is most well-known, of course, for being the actual driving force behind the Knicks win in the famous Willis Reed game the year the Knickerbockers first won an NBA title. His 36 point/7 rebound/19 assist/6 steal line in the deciding Game 7 against a superior Lakers squad is just insane.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of milestones with this purchase. 75%. 100% of the SP's. Congratulations! Even without any knowledge of this set... that price seems like a great deal for 70's HOFer in that kind of condition.

    ReplyDelete