Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The Only T206 Player With A Mustache: John Titus. Sweet Cap. PSA 1.5. (!!!!!)

I recently received a card back from PSA that I've been anxiously awaiting. I have wanted to showcase this addition for some time but knew the wait would be worth it to have it safely encased in a slab. Behold, the ONLY player in the entire T206 set to have a mustache: the one and only John Titus.


Though PSA graded it a 1.5 they are sorely mistaken as the card should have garnered just an Authentic designation due to obvious trimming along the bottom border on the right. Obvious as in the border looks like a mountain ridge.


Nevertheless I was just extremely happy to find this card within the large tobacco collection my boss purchased earlier this year. Even if multiple players donned staches in the set Titus is still a super spiffy card. But being the sole player with a lip sweater made him all the more appealing to add to my Monster PC.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. If you were to ask me what percentage of cards in the T206 set featured guys with 'staches... I would have said 20 to 30%. One guy? That's incredible. Very cool fact of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been right there with you. I always assume men in general at that time had facial hair more often than not.

      Delete