Thursday, November 14, 2019

2019 National Convention Purchase # 2: Howie Camnitz T206 Piedmont, SGC 30 (Double-Name)!

Here is the second of my four purchases at the 2019 National Convention in Chicago -- technically Rosemont -- only three months or so after the actual show took place. It was the first National I was able to attend and while work was really busy I was able to find some time to walk the floor. It was incredible and overwhelming at the same time and I can't wait to attend the 2020 show in Atlantic City and add a few more things to my collection.


There was so much to take in that I'm sure I missed some killer stuff but I was as thorough as I could be with the time I had to check out the tables. Tuesday while setup was occurring was the best day by far to walk because there was no work to be done so I had all the freedom in the world. The first card I nabbed was the above Howie Camnitz T206. It's the Arms at Side variation with a Piedmont back, slabbed an SGC 30.

Most importantly, it has a Double-Name. That's what attracted me to the card in the vendor's showcase and I was willing to pay full-price but he actually gave me a discount without even asking, which was unexpected and appreciated. I could have bought him out with enough time....oh, and money. That thing too.

It's another welcome addition to my growing T206 Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment