Tuesday, April 14, 2020

An Awesome T206 Ghost/Registration Shift: Rudy Hulswitt, PSA 1.5!

I went back and forth in my head about whether I should pick up today's featured card. I liked it a lot and I knew it wouldn't kill my wallet but it is one of those esoteric items that you just know you're paying up for. In the end it captivated me to such a degree that I could not resist adding it to my T206 Collection.


What drew my attention to this Sweet Caporal PSA 1.5 was the super cool ghost image/registration shift that makes it appear as if Rudy Hulswitt's soul is escaping from his body. It is much, much more prominent in-hand but thankfully the scan from the seller shows it well enough for government work.

Hulswitt had a short pro career before moving on to manage, coach, and scout in the minors, including a stint with the Dodgers. According to the T206 Collection 2nd Edition book (an awesome read if you can find one) Hulswitt holds the record for the most errors committed in a season by a shortstop with 81.

This is the second ghost/registration shift I own, joining Owen Wilson. I would love to get one of the truly crazy ghost images you find every now and then.

2 comments:

  1. 81 errors? Now that's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I didn't already have enough interests to chase, I'd strongly consider going after some of these ghost images, they're just so neat!

    ReplyDelete