Monday, December 12, 2022

A MONSTER Pickup: 1934 Goudey Premiums Babe Ruth -- PSA Authentic!!

I've been beyond excited to post this grail for well over a year to two years but never took the time to properly write it up. That finally changes as I am thrilled to add this gorgeous and stunning 1934 R309-1 Goudey Premiums (Without Easel) of George Herman Ruth to my PC of the original Ohtani. I hear they called him Babe...


I purchased this raw from eBay sometime in 2019/2020 (I think the first pandemic summer is most likely when it was snatched up) and got it sent off to PSA for authenticity and protection. I got a stellar deal on it as they were criminally cheap at the time and do not care that it appears as if someone put out a cigarette on The Bambino's other stick. I have always and will always view added wear on vintage as just extra cardboard love from its previous owner(s).


It returned from PSA as an Authentic and instantly becomes the centerpiece of my modest but ever-expanding collection of his cardboard and other collectibles. I am quite fond of the PSA jumbo holder and it just pops on screen and in-hand. The '33 Goudey will always be more popular but for affordability and scarcity's sake, the '34 Premium should not be ignored or downplayed. So nice I gotta show it twice:



3 comments: