Thursday, March 10, 2022

A Pre-War Walter Johnson

Another in the long line of vintage pickups I made since I last posted regularly is today's featured piece of cardboard goodness. It's a set I wish PSA graded but alas, we do not. It's pre-war, oddball, and full of truly legendary HOFers -- what's not to like about the 1920s Universal Toy issue that is my card of the day?

This was an eBay purchase and I didn't actually expect to win the auction. As so often happens, I bid fully anticipating being surpassed only to find myself owing money. I am always thrilled to add a Big Train Walter Johnson to the collection, so that surprise at needing to open my wallet was quickly replaced by joy.

My scanner makes this look very rainbow-y and it does possess nice color, but it's not that vibrant in-hand. I really, really like the new SGC holders and the Authentic slab was a bonus to this funkily-cut beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment