Friday, January 20, 2023

Original Artwork from Val Hochberg -- Sam Wilson, Captain America!

I recently made a large purchase of original art from the awesome Val Hochberg. Val contributed to the 2014 Cryptozoic Archer Sketch cards that I've been collecting/hoarding for near a decade and I spotted a couple of Artist Proofs on her website. Those will be showcased at a later date but while I was there I also saw she had a lot of amazing creations available. I simply could not resist.


There was a heavy Marvel theme to my purchase of original art and what better way to start off than with Captain America/Falcon himself, Sam Wilson! I really enjoyed The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and I was pumped to see Sam in his combo Captain America/Falcon suit was still available on her site. The fighting pose, big smile, and vibrant colors are a winning combo in my book.

The scan looks good but doesn't even do justice to how awesome this piece is!

I can't wait until I move and get an office/card room setup completed as this bad boy is going into a frame and right on the wall in what will end up being a corner filled entirely with Val's artistic excellence!

No comments:

Post a Comment