Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Mike Trout HR Ticket Tracker: # 35 (A Celebration of Power and Speed)

I inch closer to having a ticket from every game Mike Trout homered in with today's featured item. September 30th of 2012 saw Trout go yard for the 35th time in his then young career as the Angels edged Texas by a run in the first game of a doubleheader. It was Trout's 30th homer of that season and he also swiped his 48th base of the year.


What makes this an extra significant ticket is Trout became the youngest player in baseball history to have a 30 HR/40 SB season with his offensive output that day.


I picked up a pair of tickets by sheer luck from the contest in an eBay purchase. I thought only one would arrive despite two being shown as the listing did not indicate it was for both. I got a price I was happy with for one but two ending up in my mailbox was a nice cherry on top. PSA gave them a 7 and a 5, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment