Sunday, October 22, 2023

The Coolest Looking Mars Attacks Card

Number 15 of 55 to join my PSA 4 set build of this iconic issue is one of its most famous and sought-after cards. It's easily the most expensive piece I've added and until I land card number one or the checklist, it will remain the priciest entry.

Prize Captive, card number 21 in the set, is a masterpiece of art and comedy/horror. I truly love everything about this cardboard delight and the price was too good to pass up when it popped up on eBay. It went for less than all recent comps at the time of purchase and I'm thrilled to add it!

Here's the (blurry) back, for completion's sake.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit out of touch with prices, but is the dog getting fried (I'm completely spacing out on the title of the card right now) not up there as the most expensive card anymore? I seem to recall that it was at one time or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Destroying a Dog" and it's still pricier than most commons, yes! It's about 35-50% of what the Prize Captive in a 4 sells for.

      Delete