Friday, January 14, 2011

Trade With I'm Ballsy: Cole Hamels....and Hanley Ramirez, Brian McCann, and Jose Reyes

Plus four other dudes. Because it's my first 8-way!

Arno from I'm Ballsy posted this sweet 8-way jersey piece from a box of 2009 Upper Deck Ballpark Collection he busted, and I inquired as to its availability. After a few e-mails, I sent him along a package of cards - a pair of autos, some jersey relics, a Jeter insert, and random cards from his favorite teams. Plus a 1968 Topps card of a Yankee whose name slips my mind, on which a previous owner had written "no!". I felt it only appropriate to send it along to Arno.

Without further adieu, pinstripe Cole Hamels!



It's awesome. And numbered 31/200.

The Hanley is also equipped with a sick pinstripe, and I also pick up my first swatches of McCann and Reyes, which is awesome. Though the four players on the back are clearly the lesser quartet, all is not lost; when Francoeur debuted, I was sucked in to that mania and became a fan, and used the right way he can still help a team coming off of the bench or platooning. John Maine has appeared on at least one of my fantasy teams in the past, and though Hermida never broke out like many anticipated, I'm a sucker for a pinstripe. And Brett Myers....well, at least he's not punching his wife in his picture.

Arno also tossed in this nice James Loney Refractor from 2010 Topps Finest, #'d 056/299.


Thanks for the awesome relic Arno, much appreciated, and I look forward to future trades! Hope you enjoy the cards that have hopefully arrived already.

4 comments: