Sunday, January 16, 2011

UCLA Pickups

I'm not a big basketball fan or college sports fan, but when I see an item that is not only awesome and affordable but also happens to be of an alumni of UCLA, I can't resist. As a proud Bruin I'm thrilled to add these awesome cards to my small but growing PC of UCLA Alumni.

149/299

28/99

01/99

The triple jersey was a five spot, and the large Westbrook jersey piece was a cool 99 cents. The Love was around three bucks. And I think it's pretty clear what my next task is: finding a dual relic of Love and Westbrook.

I had the pleasure of meeting Love in June of 2010. Read about it here. I'd love to meet him again and grab another picture with him and another signature or two. Dude is a BEAST. And I'm loving the purple jersey swatch.

8 comments:

  1. I love watching Westbrook play and you're def right about Love. He's a beast. Nice pickups!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! A team with both would be unstoppable haha. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pickups. I can't believe how Love is playing. I thought he'd be one of those college players who would have a tough time adjusting in the NBA. But he's proven that he can play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks DB.

    Love rebounds like no other. Wish he were a Sun haha, we could use him badly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got turn you into a Laker fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I was as a kid when I didn't care about basketball. Now I only care marginally for the most part.

    I don't hate the Lakers, if that makes you feel any better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you need any of the UCLA cards from the 09/10 Draft case that I just busted? I've got a Josh Shipp auto numbered to 249, Holiday and Shipp base cards, a School Ties insert with Shipp and Collison and an Alma Mater insert of Lisa Fernandez.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Offy- Just scanned through your posts on your case break. I'd be interested in the Fernandez Auto insert and possibly the Shipp Auto. I'll shoot you an e-mail in a bit and hopefully we'll be able to work out a deal.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete