Friday, February 25, 2011

Trade With Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz: Russ Martin Shiny Shiny, Bruce/Utley/Ethier/Furcal Finest

I spotted a Russ Martin card I didn't have over at Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz. Chris sent it my way, and said to send back whatever I felt like. After looking through his want lists, I sent some 1988 and 1989 Topps and some random Braves. I had originally included a Jimmy Kremers card, but before sending the package someone contributed to that need that Chris had. I had also intended on sending along a Glavine card, but I misread his Glavine Haves List and thought he didn't have it; he did. I blame Topps.

Anyways, Chris was kind enough to send me a second Martin along with the original one I spotted.


I had my eyes on the 2009 Topps Finest Refractor, and was also fortunate enough to snag a 2006 Topps Chrome RC of Russ, #'d 340/599. It's the earliest Russ card I currently have. I think I'd like to try and become the preeminent Russ Martin collector the card-collecting world has ever seen.

Chris also contributed to a few of my other player collections:



I'm really liking the look of 2009 Topps Finest. I may have to put the base set together in the future.

Thanks for the awesome shiny Martins Chris, hope you enjoy the cards headed your way! Hopefully most of the 88's and 89's help, and I look forward to trading again.

2 comments:

  1. Those 2009 Finest are nice! I haven;t seen that set yet in my slow return to the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I'm loving the sleek look of the set!

    ReplyDelete