Saturday, April 23, 2011

Double The 1950 Bowman Al Rosen Rookie, Double The Fun

1950 Bowman. An iconic set. An expensive set to pick at most of the time. I've been fortunate to grab a pair of these, most notably a PSA'd Roy Campanella. When I can find these cheap, and find Dodgers or other players I like, I find it hard to pass one up. So when I came across a dirt cheap Al Rosen rookie card, I jumped at the chance to add it to my collection.

And then I bought a second copy.


The first one I purchased was $4.24 shipped. This second Rosen, in much better condition, ran me a total of $4.45 shipped, with a winning bid of two bucks.


The only difference between the two - setting aside the obvious differences in condition and wear and tear - is that the Rosen which would earn a higher grade has the Bowman logo on the back. The original Rosen Rookie I bought (pictured below) is sans Bowman logo, and after doing a bit of research, I believe that the cards without the logo are a bit scarcer. How much so, I have no idea.


I love eBay. Almost as much as I love Erin Hawksworth.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise at the end of that post! LOVE HER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I should just end every post from now on with her picture.

    ReplyDelete