Monday, March 12, 2012

Damn, An Impulse Buy: A Hockey Hall of Fame Expo 1/1

Scott Niedermayer helped the Ducks win their first and thus far only Stanley Cup, and I now have just my second hit of the future Hall of Famer.


A sweet two-color jersey swatch from ITG Superlative, and it's the Silver Version numbered out of 30. However, it's rarer than that, as the top left corner is stamped with "2010 Fall Expo 1/1". The seller noted that this came from the 2010 Toronto Fall Expo. I was not there.


It's not that I regret hitting the Buy-It-Now button, considering I got a good deal on the card - $7.99 shipped - and I like it. It's simply that this purchase was an impulse/damn I missed out on the card I really wanted, so let's make myself feel better, pickup. I can't allow myself to do that, and it's a 2012 goal of mine (whenever I get those resolutions posted) to not succumb to the impulse buy on something I don't consider a collecting necessity, no matter the price. On the bright side, it does bring me two-thirds of the way to a Scott Niedermayer Trifecta I was never working on or intending on piecing together (I'm short his RC).

No comments:

Post a Comment