Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Only Way Billy Ripken Could Ever Be Part Of My Collection.

I was perusing eBay, and this thing we call a cardboard addiction got the better of me. I mean, how could I pass up the below awesomeness for just 99 cents plus shipping?


I couldn't and didn't, that's how. I would love to eventually own every variation of Billy Ripken's one claim to fame (other than being related to Cal), but for now the black box version (and the error version at the bottom of the post) will suffice.


This newest pickup feels extremely flimsy, as if the cardboard stock was sliced to a minuscule thickness. Granted, my error version hasn't left its screwdown home since I brought it home from my LCS, so I'm sure I'm just imagining a difference that doesn't actually exist.



4 comments:

  1. Awesome cards! I've wanted the error card for over 20 years now. In fact, I'd love to collect all of the variations too... but they're so pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! FUCK FACE. So awesome. I've been half-assedly trying to get one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang - seems like everyone's getting one of these. peer pressure just might get the best of me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuji- Yeah, my LCS had a version lying around that I inquired about, and they checked and it was one of the rarer ones. They sold it through their eBay store for like 80-120 bucks, maybe even more. CRAZYNESS.

    Arno- Do it! I was fortunate to grab the FUCK FACE version for like a buck or two last year haha.

    Stealing Home- buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it

    ReplyDelete