Monday, June 25, 2012

Clayton Kershaw Is Certainly In Elite Company. Oh, and A Bison Freebie.

I spotted an extremely short-printed Clayton Kershaw card, and knew that I couldn't possibly let it slip away for such a pittance. I already have a more plentiful parallel (/200) of the same card, and though it is unlicensed, I'm a player collector at heart, and don't need the Dodgers' logo on the front to validate the card in my collection. I'd prefer to see it, but I'd also love a date with Kate Upton.


We can't always get what we want. Numbered 10/10 (oh snap! an eBay one of one!), this gold parallel die-cut is fantastic. Die-cuts hold a special place in my heart, and the hourglass shape of this particular die-cut is unique and pretty damn sweet. There's another parallel, numbered out of 100, that I still need to get my hands on, but for now, I'm just pleased with this great addition to my Kid K Kollection.


The seller threw in an extra, either assuming I was a Dodgers' fan or just utilizing the card as added protection during the shipping process. Luckily, I am a fan of the Boys in Blue, and more importantly, Matt Kemp is my favorite player and primary collecting interest, and I did not have the above card.

No comments:

Post a Comment