Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I'm Going To Need A Martin Miracle.

I mentioned in my monumental post about my 200th unique Russ Martin that I had acquired another aspect to that 2008 UD Spectrum Swatches Rainbow and was awaiting its arrival. It did arrive, and it signifies another step towards completing that massive rainbow.


Numbered a scant 01/15, it's the Light Blue /15 parallel and knocks another need off of my Want List for the Martin portion of the set, which currently stands at just four with varying degrees of "damn will I ever see the card?". The above was on eBay forever and ever, and I finally bit the bullet and used some PayPal funds to snatch it up. It's more than I wanted to pay, and about the same price I paid for the previously-linked printing plate, but that damn eBay 1/1 numbering fixated the seller into never lowering its already high price.

But at less than a blaster with a nice seam - and having never seen another available and just one past completed listing - it was a necessary pickup. My remaining needs look like this: light purple /44, green patch /15, light gray patch /5, dark gray /1. A tough journey ahead, indeed, as I add another sweet Spectrum Swatch to my Martin PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment