Friday, October 5, 2012

A 1 of a Kind Magenta Play at the Plate, Featuring Russell Martin.

Another Russell Martin printing plate bites the dust in my quest to grab as many affordable 1/1s of the former Dodgers' backstop as I can. From 2008 Topps Chrome comes the Magenta Plate:


I think this ran me around half a blaster, and it's a welcome addition to my Martin Collection. I've said it countless times before, but Russell's cards always feature an awesome photo, and this is no exception. I've never understood the reverse negative aspect of some plates though.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I was staring at that card for a minute and was finally able to figure out that Xavier Nady was the player sliding there. Yay plates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nady as a Pirate, yup.

    And yes! Love me some plates.

    ReplyDelete