Monday, December 24, 2012

Hoisting The Stanley Cup With Ducks' Captain Ryan Getzlaf.

My love of Ryan Getzlaf is no secret, and I am especially drawn to cardboard that commemorates the Ducks' 2007 Stanley Cup victory - the only one in franchise history - and his role in that championship run. A recent pickup was a must-have for my collection, and after not seeing any available for some time, I pounced the first chance I had to acquire the below beaut.


Numbered 53/99, it hails from the Champions subset of 2010-2011 Panini Certified and features a great and iconic shot of Getz hoisting the Cup, as well as a black piece of sweater. The scan is a bit fuzzy, but thankfully the card is not. It goes phenomenally well with the other two cards from the set I own.


The gorgeous auto out of 50....


....and the sweeeeeet blue parallel /100.

2 comments:

  1. I love these cards! I have two of Crosby's from 2011-12 Certified: base and jersey. Still need the auto on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! A great job on Panini's part. I hope you can land the Crosby soon and for a not-too-insane price!

    ReplyDelete