Thursday, November 21, 2013

Adrian Gonzalez and Half of Those Famous Mickey Mouse Ears.

For some time now I've been after an Adrian Gonzalez auto that not only depicts him as a Dodger but that he clearly signed after being traded from Boston to Los Angeles. That means the signature had to be on-card. Topps Tribute was one of the few releases that offered anything meeting that simple criteria.


After losing numerous auctions I finally landed A-Gon's John Hancock for what I think was a fair price. The card is numbered 36/99 and I'm quite happy to cross this need off of my imaginary but totally in my head needs list. Adrian is clearly about to high-five a teammate, but I like to think he's really halfway to throwing up those Mickey Mouse ears that pissed off Cardinal Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment