Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Trade With Dodger Penguin: Kemp Auto, Kemp Quad Relic, Seager Mini Blue, and a Rising Joc.

I completed my first trade with Matthew from Dodger Penguin. We began this deal a year ago and traded in-person this May 3rd at the card show I recapped. The wait was worth it as we each picked up great stuff for our collections.


Matt surprised me with this 2008 SP Authentic Manufactured Letter Autograph of The Bison in exchange for a Julio Urias signed photo I was able to get at a Rancho Cucamonga Quakes' minor league game. I have legitimately been after one of these signed manu-letter patches for years but have never been able to secure one. This letter "M" is numbered 61/99 and is a most welcome addition, after all of these years, to my Mattycakes' Collection.


If this just isn't the perfect card. You have a great action shot of Corey Seager, my favorite prospect; he's got his pants rolled up to the knees, and I'm a sucker for old-timey throwbacks; it's a Blue Wave parallel; it's numbered 238/250; and it's a miiiiiiinnnnniiiiiii!


I had completely forgotten about this 2009 UD SPx Quad Relic teaming Kemp up with a troika of former Blue Crew members: Rafael Furcal, Takashi Saito, and Hong-Chih Kuo. When Matt and I re-booted our trade talks it was a nice surprise, and it's of course a welcome addition to my collection of Kemp hits.


Now that's a great shot of top prospect Joc Pederson. Joc is featured on a Rising Through The Ranks mini from 2013 Bowman Chrome and it's a swell addition as I have very little of Pederson in my Dodgers' PC.


I really dig these Cream of The Crop minis from '13 Bowman Chrome and I'm happy to add the base version along with the aforementioned Blue Wave parallel.


Finally, a nice refractor of Corey out of 2013 Bowman Chrome.

Thanks for the great trade Matthew! It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to many more deals in the future!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy and thank you for the trade. Look forward to the next one. See you at the stadium

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second the love for the letterman, nice stuff, GZ!

    ReplyDelete