Friday, March 13, 2015

2013-2014 Panini Prime Auto-Quad Relic: A Sick John Gibson RC!

I am a card collecting man who loves the contrived rarity of modern-day cardboard when it is done right. Generally, "right" to me means an on-card signature, swatches with character, and a great shot of the player. The below hit from 2013-2014 Panini Prime of the Anaheim Ducks' best goaltender, John Gibson, fits the bill perfectly and now resides in my collection.


Numbered 01/50, it's a thing of beauty and a card I knew I had to nab for my modest but ever-so-gradually expanding John Gibson PC. Two black sweater pieces compliment two multicolor patch pieces, and thankfully those patches are both different colors and come with stitching. Oh, and of course the John Hancock is on-card and Gibson, as he always does, inscribed his number 36.


Gibson quickly got the one-touch treatment as I truly think he's going to be a special goalie. Now, if the Ducks' defense could just stop committing bad turnovers in the defensive zone while fully possessing the puck....

No comments:

Post a Comment