Thursday, August 13, 2015

2014 Panini Prizm USA Baseball: Clayton Kershaw, BGS 9/10 Auto! (#MERICA)

So I might be a little bit behind on posting things considering today's awesomely fantastic addition to my Kid K PC was a Hanukkah-funded pickup made last year. What prompted me to wait this long to post it, I can't say. I'm lazy, I suppose. Anyhoo I saw this card sitting on eBay for what I felt was a reasonable BIN. I believe I threw some eBay Bucks towards it as well and then paid the rest or close to it with holiday cash. A dollar may have come out of pocket. Maaaaaaybe.


Hot daaaaamn! This marks the first Clayton Kershaw auto I've landed in a long time -- and my 27th overall -- which is not surprising considering how pricey Clayton cards in general have become. I still fondly remember the days when I could pick up his John Hancocks on eBay for $5 or $10 on a pricey day. Man I'm getting old.

I contend the seller had this bad boy well under-priced and I'm more than happy to have benefited from that now that this sick 2014 Panini Prizm USA Baseball Signatures Prizms resides permanently in my collection. It's numbered 13/25 and has been slabbed a BGS Mint 9 with a 10 Auto. Kershaw is featured in this subset due to his status as a Team USA alum and I love the USA jersey, flag, overall design and color scheme, and the fact that the card is hard-signed (!).

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card... I have #7/25, slabbed by Beckett 9.5 with a 10 auto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card... I have #7/25, slabbed by Beckett 9.5 with a 10 auto!

    ReplyDelete