Friday, October 9, 2015

1952 Wheaties, Portrait: Roy Campanella!

Another case of eBay patience today as I was finally able to land a card I've desired and sought after for as long as I can recall. $10.54 delivered netted me this gorgeous 1952 Wheaties (Portrait) card of Mr. Roy Campanella!


These are obviously very hard to find in high-grade condition as they have usually been hand-cut at some point. I love the fact that it shows wear and good old-fashioned vintage love for many reasons, including that the price remains affordable more often than not.


This addition completes a mini-Campy project as I already possess the '52 Action Shot Wheaties of Roy that I landed about a year and a half ago.

3 comments:

  1. Fittingly, this set is featured in this months Sports Collector's Digest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that really is a terrific addition to your collection. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Definitely cardboard of champions.

    ReplyDelete