Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Sandy Koufax Pickup: An Absolutely Gorgeous 1956 Topps White Back, SGC 4!

I recently pulled the trigger on a card I've always liked and wanted but never put much thought into actually buying. The price was right to start with, and when factoring in that eBay was running a 10% back in eBay Bucks promotion, the time to act was clearly the present.


This is one of the nicest VG-EX 4's I've ever seen. The front presents more in the 5.5 range and the overall grade is brought down by a couple of minor, minor back imperfections. I really like the '56 Topps set and this Koufax has been somewhere on my radar for years.

I've always liked it more than his rookie aesthetically-speaking although I'm warming to the look of the 1955 Topps offering more and more. This is without question the nicest vintage Koufax I have in my modest Sanford Braun collection.

This is also my first look in-person at the new SGC holders. I am a big fan.

3 comments: