Monday, January 7, 2019

An Underrated Hall of Fame T206 Pickup: Eddie Collins, PSA 3 (MK)!

I added another gorgeous Hall of Fame T206 to my collection early in December. My boss bought it one day from a regular and after some deliberation I decided I couldn't let a good deal on a great tobacco card pass me by.


Eddie Collins is a reasonably priced but tougher HOFer in The Monster despite being one of the three best second baseman of all-time. Collins might be best known as a member of the Black Sox who wasn't found to be in on the scam but his numbers are insane. Also, his nickname was Cocky. That's tremendous.


The back yields the "MK" designation due to someone putting the initials W.R. plus what is either an e or w below it. I think it's a cool touch and I view this kind of writing in a similar fashion to the stamps many T206s have on their reverse.

Collins, interestingly enough, played one year with my main man Zack Wheat on a stacked (at least in name value) 1927 Philadelphia Athletics team that also included some dudes named Ty Cobb and Jimmie Foxx.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking card, wonderful pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Didn't realize the '27 A's were that loaded.

    P.S. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete