Tuesday, May 31, 2022

A Sexy Zack Wheat and Honus Wagner 1912 Hit Ticket, PSA Authentic!!

After deciding I really enjoyed tickets and the history behind them and wanted to make them an integral part of my collecting moving forward, I knew my collection would never be complete without one key item in it. That key item would not be key for most collectors but it would be a necessity for me and I would not ever feel content until I owned one. What's this mystery item, the two of you reading might be asking yourselves....a hit ticket from my main guy Zack Wheat, but of course.


Honus Wagner turned out to be a sweet and rather unexpected cherry on top. Wheat tickets were scarce in my eBay searches, especially compared with other HOFers. I don't even remember how I stumbled across the above beauty but I believe I moved away from Wheat and was just browsing other legends and saw this stub to a 1912 Pirates game which just so happened to be against Brooklyn.

The next step was determining if Wheat had done anything of note in the game and much to my delight he singled in the contest. Honus tripled and walked and it was already SGC slabbed but did not make mention of Wheat on the flip -- I was going to have to re-slab it with PSA.

After much waiting it returned with my desired text on the label and stayed in the grade of Authentic. For being 110 years old it presents extremely well with no damage and in theory could get a nice numerical grade. I'm not sure why it didn't....but that may be a discussion for well down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment