Monday, May 30, 2022

Ty Cobb Pickup: 1926-29 Exhibits Postcard Back, SGC Authentic!

Here is one of those unexpected wins that often occurs when throwing bids in on eBay. It's not that I didn't want this beautiful addition to my modest Ty Cobb Collection -- I very much did -- I just never thought I would actually win the dang thing. Cobb items rarely stay affordable and it was being auctioned off by PWCC prior to their eBay banning. Lady luck was on my side that day and for less than the price of your average mid-end hobby box another vintage gem found its way to me.

You can see why it stayed affordable with the massive scissors work some child did to this over the last hundred years or so. I tend to not like this much damage to a card but I can see it's Cobb and it is playing-era and it is Cobb in the end, slabbed for protection and authenticated so I don't have to do the work on that front.

Cobb has a few variations in the 1926-29 Exhibits (Postcard Back) set and I'm happy to have one in my collection without breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment