Monday, June 6, 2022

A White Whale Secured: 2011 Topps Update Cognac Diamond Anniversary PSA 8 -- Mike Trout!!

Last year I decided to make a big purchase for myself. After some searching I landed on something I've always wanted: a parallel of Mike Trout's 2011 Topps Update rookie card. The base card has become quite iconic over the last half a decade and I was fortunate enough to nab one 7 years ago for no cost outside of the eventual ten bucks or so to grade it. The parallels, however, simply became out of my budget once I decided I could actually make the purchase.


eBay was my pusher in the end and I shelled out a really good amount for this beautiful Cognac Diamond Anniversary PSA 8. I snagged it below comps at the time but quickly realized the seller was a banned PSA customer. A management review was done and it was determined to be an 8 and not altered, as I had feared. Crisis averted and I was really thrilled to get it back and reholdered to boot.

This is easily the best and most valuable modern card I own and it's a piece that will never leave my Mike Trout PC so long as I live.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card! I'm also in the Cognac Trout club and your last sentence here goes for me too.

    ReplyDelete