Tuesday, June 7, 2022

From The 20th Win of Clayton Kershaw's 1st Cy Young Season....

While most of the tickets I own are Trout, LeBron, or vintage, I have not neglected the great Clayton Kershaw in my pursuit of entries into meaningful games or moments. Today's addition to my collection of stubs and fulls saw Kersh throw 7 innings of one-run ball while fanning 6 back in 2011. The fact that it came against the rival Giants....a cherry on top of the yummy sundae that was this game.


More important than just pitching really well, Clayton recorded Win number 20 in what would end up being the first of his three Cy Young Award campaigns (he also captured the pitching Triple Crown that season). I don't care a lick about Wins as an important statistical measure by which pitchers should be judged, but it is still a beautiful score in its PSA 6 form for my Kid K PC in addition to being a very affordable ticket to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment